Thursday, June 23, 2011

Preparation

Well, it's almost time!!  It's hard to believe that in 23 days I will travel to 4 different countries on 3 different continents all in a 24 hour period. I am almost done with all the preparation for the trip.  I still have a few things to purchase, one community project to complete and a little packing to do.  I have to admit that I am ready to start packing. I have already brought out the carry-on luggage and put a few things in it just to see how much space I am gong to need for all my stuff. :)  I have finally finished all my shots - all 9 of them! And let me tell you, that was not a fun experience!  I had a bad reaction to one round and still 6 weeks later, I still have knots in my arms.  Thankfully, I will not have to have some of them ever again or at least for a very long time.  Along with all the shots, I have purchased all my medications.  Some are necessities, like the Malarone for Malaria, and some are for the "just in case" incidents.  

 

We had our first official meeting as a group.  There are 24 of us going and this is the biggest group they have ever taken.  We received several handouts and Mark went over all the rules, the cultural differences and answered any questions.  Last week they were able to book our flights and we now have an official itinerary.  We will be gone 3 days longer than we expected. We leave Saturday July 16th and fly to London where we will have a 2 hour layover.  Then it's own to Kenya for a brief stop before we fly into Entebbe Uganda!!  We arrive at late in the evening on the 17th.  That is one long trip but I know it will all be worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I can't wait to start packing too, but first I better get shopping for what we need!

    ReplyDelete